Saturday 5 May 2012

Two from one jelly roll quilt.....


Early this week this was a pile of fabric on my work desk, you can read about it here. I've now finished the patchwork pattern which is from a great book called Two From One Jelly Roll Quilts by Pam and Nicky Lintott.  For the non sewing people that read my blog a Jelly Roll is a set of fabric strips normally 2 1/2" wide, rolled and tied into a bundle! My quilting friend, Sarah from Edward and the White Bear blog completed the same pattern last month, look how different it looks, her colours are great. I love how the pattern mingles together with her fabric choice.

I will be off fabric shopping next week to search for the right fabric for the border...any excuse to buy new fabric, hey! Hope you are all having a good bank holiday weekend despite the weather!


1 comment:

Lynn Holland said...

I've just popped over from the comments on Julia's IPad story to let you know that photographs are brill on the iPad 2.
Have a look on my blog all the pics are done on mine including my header pic.
Hope it helps
Lynn
One I made earlier today