Monday 31 October 2011

Meet my new dogs....

I hope you all had a great weekend, I did, I found time to finish a project I've had going on for a while. My youngest dog is partial to cushions so I have been delaying this. We are now down to just one cushion on the sofa as Miss Luna eats them! Here are our new additions......

Meet Billy the Dachshund and Tilly the Cocker Spaniel!

 
The cushions are made from very neutral fabrics, the photo make them look white but I have made them from a variety of cream scraps. I have pieced a patchwork background from four squares which is then cut up and random strips of fabric added to create a frame for the dogs to sit on.

The dogs are appliqued on to the the patchwork cushions using embroidery threads and a button hole stitch.

1 comment:

flutterbycrafter said...

Oooo this are fantastic, love 'em to bits xx