Sunday 20 September 2009

Family History....


My best friend Norma has been helping me trace my family tree. She is a whizz at it...I now know I am related to the Rowley's and the Else's. I think we are going grave stone hunting next week. I cant wait!

In preparation for tracing my family tree I raided my Mum's old photos. This photo is taken in 1952, it is my Grandma and Grandad Thompson's wedding....unfortunately neither of them are with us now. My Mum identified all the relatives so I could show Norma and put a face to all the names she has been working with to follow my family tree.

I went to my regular class at the Craft Den last Thursday....It was lots of fun! As always I scrapped my Niece Isabel! And as usual Ive crammed as many phots as I can on the page...LOL!

We used paper from the Blond Moments range and it was great fun to add all the faux stitching on. The flowers were made from a Sissix die and we also used the Retro and Martha Stewart punches. I added a title...Tub Time, thanks Kathryn for the suggestion! Looking forward to next week's class ........

Better get off as still in my PJ's and we are having a day out at the Whirlow Hall Farm Fayre...hope the weather stays fine!

4 comments:

sue said...

lovely pics and pages love the vintage look beautiful x sue x

angelwhispers said...

Love the "Tub Time" looks lot's of fun!! My layout as always was just the one!! Following your family tree is a lovely idea and the layout you have done is lovely it was even better close up, loved the flowers you did and the journaling is beautiful you have such neat handwriting!! Hope you all have a good day at the Fayre xx

Unknown said...

Tub time is very cute! I love the lines you drew on as stitches! Another idea for the journal!

Unknown said...

Beautiful LO, thanks for joining us on Crafty Angels.
Caz
x