Friday 3 July 2009

My trip to London.....

Last month my brother Gavin invited us down to London. He was appearing on All Star Family Fortunes and he had got tickets for us to see the filming of the show. We nearly didnt get to London as my sister Rachel arrived with 30 seconds to spare for the train to London. The problem was that we then didnt have enough time to print our tickets. Rachel sweet talked the conductor as we had to change in Retford that we would get them printed there. We made it of course...we werent going to miss meeting Vernon Kay! Oh and seeing my brother of course!



We had a great time in London, Gavin and his girlfriend lets us stay at their place and looked after us! Whilst Gavin and Jodie were rehearsing for the show, we had a slow mooch round London. When we arrived at the TV studios we were given gold wrist bands and told to say at the door we were guests of the Production Cast...we loved it! The filming lasted 4 hours. Afterward we were allowed in the Green room where we met Vernon Kay. It took us ages to pluck up courage to ask Vernon for a picture...He's so tall! He had to bend down so we could get all of us in the photo.
I love making scrapbook pages where I used items I have collected from the trip. I have included the gold wrist bands, and the map that was given to Gavin from the production company. Ive also hidden my journalling under the tube ticket! I have made the union jack backgrounds from torn strips of paper which I glued on and worked over the top. I have even included some of the questions Gavin was asked...and the stupid answers he gave...LOL!



2 comments:

SANDRA said...

Great pages, Love the idea of including the questions they were asked. Great memory. I'm jealous of you meeting Vernon Kay. You'll have to let us know when it's on t.v. so we can watch.

angelwhispers said...

What great LO's Joe, you where lucky to meet Vernon Kay hope your brother did well xx